Rightel third generation modem will allow users to access high speed connectivity via Rightel SIM cards. Rightel third generation modem features are as follows:
- 3G Network frequency bands (HSDPA 900/2100)
- Support for Short Message Service (SMS)
- Electronic phone book
- Support Micro SD memory card up to 32GB
- Support USB 2.0
- Internal antenna
- No need to battery or charging
Minimum system requirements for installing and using third-generation modem DWM-156 is as follows:
- INTEL / AMD Processor with a minimum speed of 500MHz
- Windows 10, / Vista / XP / 7/8
- Mac OS 10.4.0 to Mac OS 10.10.0
- At least 128MB of RAM
- At least 50MB Hard memory
The recommended system requirements:
- Notebook or personal computer with an empty USB port
- Windows OS 10.6.0 / Vista / XP SP3 / 7
- Mac OS X10.5, 10.6 & 10.7
- USB cap
- Micro SD slot
- SIM card compartment
- LED lights
- SIM card compartment cover
First remove the SIM card compartment cover, and then insert the SIM card in the specified slot as shown below.
Close the SIM card compartment cover then connect the modem to the computer and wait until the blue LED lights on the modem is on.
At this stage, the installation process will automatically begin.
Follow the installation process as shown below:
After the above steps, the program will automatically run.
Rightel Modem usage manual (WU260)
You are now connected to broadband Internet via the Rightel network.
The following passage can help you select the language to use of this software.
Settings / Language
If you select “Farsi” all of the menus are shown in Persian.
By clicking on this option, you can access to general settings “General”, and “PIN Management”, “Statistics”, Internet data traffic information “Traffic Warning”, related settings such as “Text Message Center” and “text message”, network-related settings “network”, network signal level “Diagnostics” and so on.
From “Pin Management” you can manage your modem security settings.
From the “Statistic” you can access statistical information such as downloaded volume, etc.
On “Traffic Warning” You can manage your internet usage.
In “text message” you can access SMS settings such as message center number, texting report, etc.
From “diagnostics” you can access Technical information of your modem.
In the following path you can see the network signal:
From “Language Selection” you can change the language.
From “Help” you can access guide.
Click on this option to enter “Contact”.
Create new contact information
Edit contact information
Send SMS to contacts.
Search contact information.
Click here to enter SMS section.
Create new SMS
Send the same SMS to the same number (sender)
Reply to SMS
Send an SMS to other numbers
Click here to enter USSD section.
Note: WU260 HSUPA 3G dongle cannot connect to internet in roaming mode.
Updating software of WU 260 Dongles
Please consider the following points before updating your dongle:
- Remove the SIM card from dongle
- attach the dongle to your PC
- Install the software according to usage manual of Rightel WU260
- Close the software.
- Download the following software and run it. (RighTel-WU260-Frimeware update)
- Click on the downloaded file and continue the process according to below images till “complete” option appears.
Your dongle is updated now.