Mobile Number Portability
Mobile Number Portability (MNP) is a capability, which enables mobile subscribers to change their service provider without changing their phone number. So far, exceeding 80 countries have provided their subscribers with this service. Dear applicants with this capability, you can change your operator to RighTel aimed at enjoying our diversified services at suitable tariffs without being concerned about losing your phone number. To do so, go over the following steps:
Receiving inactive RighTel SIM Card via post.
Sending Verification via SMS and Website.
Receiving port ID number in case of having port requirements (Please keep the number to the end of porting process.)
Paying updated bill within determined time for postpaid subscribers.
Receiving port successful SMS for the previous SIM Card and declare readiness to change the new SIM Card.
2- Registration in person
Refer in person to the RighTel stores.
Provide requested information and OTP code sent to the mobile phone to the store specialist for authenticate and verify the start of porting process.
Receive inactive RighTel SIM Card from the store expert (and pay updated bill within determined time if you are a postpaid subscribers.)
Activate the new SIM Card and join the big family of RighTel.
- After you apply for porting service, your request might fail to be admitted at different stages. You will be informed of the causes thereof to obviate existing problems and re-application.
- You can fill out the porting application only after you have read and agreed with porting terms and conditions.
- To deliver the SIM Card package by post, presence of the applicant and presentation of the national ID card & copy of its image to the post officer is required.
- It is noteworthy that according to the announcement of the Communication Regulatory Authority Organization, there will be no possibility for porting to none of the operators by non-Iranian citizens.
- Of course, those RighTel subscribers who have the nationality of other countries and ported to other operators, can still port back to RighTel by proceed from the return to RighTel page.
Rules of porting to RighTel:
- Porting to RighTel will be free of charge
- After you fill out the porting application, you will be sent a SMS informing you of the time and manner by which your new SIM card will be delivered.
General Rules of Porting
Mobile Number Portability (MNP) is a capability which enables mobile subscribers to make use of different mobile service providers and operators by an identical phone number. Simply put, subscribers, using this service, can change their service provider without changing their phone number. In this case, subscribers will be able to make use of the wide-ranging services provided by their new operator. MNP capability has intensified mobile operators’ rivalries and, thus, improved quality of services at lower rates.
Original (base) operatorThe operator in which subscribers have previously registered and to which submitted their documents in order to receive a subscription document.
Receiving (destination, new) operator: The operator from which subscribers intend to receive new services without changing their mobile number.
Sending (source, current) operator: The operator from whose services subscribers are currently using and which they intend to change without changing their mobile number.
Porting ID number: The number allocated to subscribers by which they are able to pursue their porting process.
What to Know before Porting
- Online registration for porting process will be feasible 24/7. However, RighTel stores will be open on official business hours: Saturdays to Wednesdays, 8 am to 5 pm, and Thursdays, 8 am to 3 pm. (save or official holidays)
- Porting requests might be processed both via RighTel portal and personal reference to RighTel stores
- For each single phone number, subscribers can have their porting request only twice per year (returning to the base operator is not held as a porting)
- The first porting will be available only after three months since activation of the SIM card in the base operator. For upcoming porting requests, although, there is no time limitations whatsoever.
- Porting request of postpaid subscribers will be admitted when their sending operator issues a certificate showing settlement of their primary bills. Postpaid subscribers should pay the amount determined in their bills within one working day from reception of the bill SMS by sending operator. Failure of postpaid subscribers to pay their primary bill within one working day will terminate their porting request by sending operator
- Receiving operator might cancel the porting request by those postpaid subscribers who fail to complete their final settlement with sending operator
- Porting requests will be addressed in a peer-to-peer manner: prepaid subscriptions ported as prepaid subscriptions and postpaid subscriptions as postpaid subscriptions
- Subscribers should take it into consideration that their balance will, after porting, be reduced to zero in the sending operator
- Postpaid and prepaid subscribers should take it into consideration that all their previous services (including internet, SMS, etc.) and packages will, after porting, be cut in the sending operator (except for banking SMS and public services). Subscribers will, clearly, enjoy services provided by the receiving operator thereafter
- After porting, all expenses (including voice calls and SMS) will be a function of destination operator’s tariffs
- Porting requests for legal-entity subscribers should be submitted by legal signatories and/or introduced representatives in writing.
What to Know during Porting
- the legal subscribers request for porting electronically, an SMS will be sent to the subscriber via the receiving operator that inform him/her to register porting request in person. Not referring of subscriber to register a request in person that means withdrawing from porting request.
- After filling out the porting request form and verifying the stated conditions, the subscriber will receive an SMS based on sending verification of SIM Card receiving.
- Sending verification of receiving SIM Card should be done by the subscriber via these two ways, visiting the website or sending verification SMS to 09204000000.
- If the subscriber does not send the verification of receiving SIM Card via the website or SMS after 120 hours, the porting process will be start.
- If a specified date is selected in the porting registration request page, this process will be started from time of registration date.
- Sending verification SMS of SIM Card receiving by the subscriber is free of charge.
- It is possible for subscribers to cancel their porting request before receiving operator has declared its readiness for execution of porting request. To cancel your porting request, refer to receiving operator’s website or Subscribers’ Service Center
- Postpaid subscribers will be charged for all their calls made during the porting request processing period together with other expenses, such as discount packages, at their final bill, which will be sent within one to two months from the porting process. Otherwise, receiving operator will take required measures as for owing subscribers as per applicable commissions
- From postpaid subscribers’ final 2 days and 20 minutes up to activation of their SIM cards, their previous SIM cards’ international roaming service and overseas calls will be deactivated.
What to Know after Porting
- Subscribers should refer to their base operator to change ownership of their ported number
- In case a subscriber is found to be inactive in the receiving operator for six months, base operator shall have the right to retrieve his/her number.
General Porting Regulations for Legal Subscribers
- Porting requests for legal-entity subscribers should be submitted to RighTel stores by legal representatives of the related organization in writing.
- After filling out porting request application and fulfillment of announced conditions, legal representatives should cite their mobile numbers for reception of a SMS from porting department. After reception of this SMS, legal representatives should, within one working day, send an affirmation SMS to receiving operator’s porting department. Failure of legal representatives to take required measures thereof will terminate their porting requests.